The Care Service is funded in several ways. We have a large contract with Gateshead Council to deliver carer relief services. We also deliver services based on individual small contracts with the Council. In some circumstances, a service may not be fully covered by our main contract but a social worker may apply for additional funds to pay for the service. If a person has chosen to have a personal budget from the Council, they can use this to pay for our services. Carers can also purchase our services privately.